Starting out as a designer laid the foundation for Jonathan to work for over 30 years as a brand strategist and consultant. Over those three-plus decades, Jonathan has developed an instinct for what matters and what doesn’t when it comes to finding a brand’s core essence. The BrandExtract co-founding partner and chairman
He has applied this branding process in working with internal, external, HR, IT and IR communications groups to design and implement complete brand transformation programs, for both startups and Fortune 100 giants across the country.
“One of the biggest hurdles to clear is not a lack of belief in a brand, but in the process of branding. Our job is to inspire companies to take ownership of the process so they can deliver on it every day. Without an inspired strategy, your customers will fail to believe in your brand.”
This native Houstonian is a 1986 graduate of Texas Tech University with a BFA in Design Communications and minor in Packaging Design. Prior to founding BrandExtract with Bo Bothe in 2005, he started Fisher Creative in 1994, where he established a place in Houston as a thought leader focused on building integrated brand communications. Jonathan’s work stretches across numerous industries and over a hundred companies from energy to manufacturing to professional services and many more giving him an extremely broad perspective for solving all types of brand challenges.
A lifelong believer in the compounding effect of doing good, Jonathan devotes his time outside of work to organizations that help one-to-many, not just one-to-one. Some of his board service includes Emeritus status with Literacy Advance of Houston, The Branch School, Houston Community ToolBank and Houston Philanthropic Society of which is a founding member of the latter two. He currently serves on an advisory marketing board for ToolBank USA.
What does Jonathan like most about the company he co-founded? "The talent of our team and the diversity of our clients. We have everything it takes to double in sales and go national." In his spare time, you can find him fishing, axe throwing, traveling and appreciating art and wine. Fun fact? His name at birth was "Tex Fisher."
He has taught branding to graduate students at Texas State University and advises San Jacinto College on
- BFA in Design Communication, Texas Tech University
Primary Areas of Focus
- Brand Strategy
- Sales Process Development & Improvement
- Revenue growth acceleration and shareholder value creation
- Brand product and service architecture
- Customer retention and employee satisfaction strategy development
- Mission, Vision and Values definition and workshop facilitating
- Performance and accountability tracking
- Model-Netics (management training)
- Integrity Selling
- Customer Journey Mapping Certification (from Neilsen Norman Group)
Affiliations and Memberships
- The Entrepreneurship Institute
- Mergers & Acquisitions Forum
- American Marketing Association, Houston Chapter
- FlashFind Corporation
- National Business Development Association (2019-Present)
- San Jacinto College - Visual Arts (2019-Present)
- Houston Community ToolBank (2012-2018)
- Houston Philanthropic Society (2011-2014)
- Literacy Advance (2007-2012)
- The Branch School (2005-2014)
- Genesys ITS/Genesys Works (2002-2005)
Speaking, Workshops & Podcasts