This is Bigger Than a Job°
Just as it is a vital part of belief, passion plays a large part in our employees’ choice to work with us. This is not a place that just opens and closes. This is a group of like-minded people, each talented in their own right, that pulls together to make a difference. For our clients. For our community. For each other.
Culture and Values
Culture plays a huge role in day-to-day operations at BrandExtract. It’s the heartbeat of the agency that keeps us inspired and focused on our mission. You’ll be hard-pressed to find a more supportive and team-centered environment. We hold each other accountable so that we all perform at the highest level, and you’re never alone. We value ingenuity and grit. We value innovation and intelligence. We value authentic relationships and human reactions. But there is one value that reigns supreme. It’s even written on our wall: Do the right thing. We strive to produce the best possible work for our clients and do right by our teammates all along the way.
See Where You Fit
We are always in search top talent, even if we don’t have an immediate need in your particular area of expertise. Explore featured roles to see if your skills and strengths match up with where we’re headed. Send us your resume to be considered for future openings or scroll down to browse open positions.
Unique benefits unite us, re-energize us and keep us focused on our mission. Things like our Quarterly Event, where we close the firm for a day in order to give back to our community in some meaningful, volunteer capacity. A growing ongoing training program that encourages employees to go out into the world, and find inspiration in the form of conferences or events that can fuel our understanding and be the impetus for new ideas. These are just a couple of the extra perks you’ll experience as part of our team.
BrandExtract offers total compensation that includes:
- Competitive salaries
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision care
- Flexible work hours
- A generous amount of personal time off (PTO)
Digital user experience is synonymous with brand. At BrandExtract, we strive to support our clients’ business goals and help them make a deeper connection with their customers. We approach branding engagements with extensive research, data analysis, customer insights, and lots of collaboration. As a UX Strategist, your role is to lead the development of successful long-term Project Plans that bridge the gap between UX design and business strategy. The plans you create provide the insight and guidance our team requires to deliver on-target solutions that support the defined goals and objectives of each engagement.
Your knowledge of UX methodologies and best practices, along with a strong leadership skills, help the team deliver successful (and measurable) strategies that balance users, business, and technology.
What you do…
- Work within the UX team and directly with content strategists, SEO strategists, creative/branding experts, and web/app developers on digital projects for a wide variety of clients
- Work with the brand strategist and key stakeholders (client) to accurately and clearly identify website goals and objectives and identify key users
- Conduct user research (interviews, surveys, scorecards) and competitive analysis to identify key findings that will influence website/digital strategies
- Engage directly with the client, key stakeholders, and BrandExtract team members during the Discovery phase of the engagement, whether it’s interviewing subject matter experts or vetting user personas
- Lead brainstorming/ideation sessions with the project team
- Ensure that the project delivers on the overall UX strategy as established in the Project Plan
What you’re good at...
- Leading web/digital engagements
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Collaboration with a team of specialists
- A wide array of UX methodologies
- Field study
- Diary study
- User interviews
- Stakeholder interviews
- Requirements & constraints gathering
- Persona building
- Site mapping and wireframing
- Have a excellent understanding of content and SEO strategy
- Knowledgable or experienced in customer journey mapping
- Knowledgable or experienced in qualitative usability testing (in-person or remote)
- Teaching and leading the team in UX best practices
- B.F.A. in design communications, library sciences, or social sciences
- Five years’ experience as a UX professional
- Axure or Webflow proficiency a plus
- Adobe Creative Suite and Google Docs proficiency
We build brands people believe in. BrandExtract is a multi-disciplined group of experts that strives to deepen the connection between our clients and their customers while supporting their business goals. We immerse ourselves in the hard and soft data of their world, then use what we learn to express and grow their presence and influence.
As a copywriter, it’s your responsibility to contribute to the creation of new brands and the development of brand concepts. You will work side-by-side with some of Houston’s top creative talent to Inspire Belief.
What You Do...
- Work with passion, curiosity and purpose to create brand stories that capture the essence, purpose and personality of a brand
- Act as the primary writer on projects like websites, emails, brochures, executive speeches/presentations, video/radio scripts, newsletters, articles, social media posts, among others
- Participate in creative brainstorms and naming exercises
- Work on multiple projects and clients at once, every day
- Interview clients in a variety of roles, including executive leadership and highly technical professionals
- Research and write for industries including manufacturing, engineering, healthcare, energy, finance, legal, retail, technology and many others (often, all at once)
- Create top-quality, second draft work as your first draft
- Meet or beat deadlines
- Keep project managers informed on progress and project needs
- Distill feedback from clients, creative director, brand strategists and the creative staff to revise assignments as needed
What You're Good At...
- Proactive communication with team members
- Proven mastery of grammar, syntax, usage, tone and spelling
- Balancing subject matter expertise with a brand's tone and voice
- Being a passionate champion of the English language
- 5-7 years of copywriting experiencee
- MS Office proficiency
- AP style proficiency
You are the face of BrandExtract to all of your clients and the face of the client to all your team members in the company. As the primary go-between, you play the most critical role in turning strategic plans into smart projects and amazing deliverables.
What you do...
- Support Brand Strategist with research, strategic
- Collaborate with Project Managers to turn execution plans into individual projects with schedules and guidelines for success
- Develop creative briefs/work orders in collaboration with Brand Strategist
- Kickoff projects and effectively brief teams on project goals and requirements
- Coordinate daily activities with Project Manager and internal teams to ensure projects are on strategy, on time and within budget
- Establish and maintain regular communication with clients, consulting and guiding them through the process
- Document and distribute information from meetings to keep all stakeholders on the same page and ensure everyone has the appropriate action items
- Serve as the “
go to” resource for all questions on client projects
- Work with the Brand Strategist and Creative Directors to present and defend all proposals and creative work to clients
- Oversee all project billing informing Accounting what to bill, reviewing invoices before they go to client and working with client to ensure prompt payment
What you are good at...
- Managing client and team expectations and ensuring they are fully informed with no surprises
- Wowing your clients and exceeding their needs while fearlessly pushing back when necessary
- Clearly and concisely communicating both in writing and speaking
- Transferring knowledge in a relevant and useful way to different audiences
- Conducting and guiding productive meetings
- Anticipating and proactively addressing client needs and concerns
- Thinking through and solving problems
- Inspiring and motivating team members, helping them to understand what clients need and want
- Effectively managing many clients and numerous projects simultaneously
- Identifying additional opportunities to help clients transform and grow
- Representing BrandExtract at industry and community functions
- Bachelor’s degree (in a communications field preferred)
- 3-5 years working in a communications field (marketing experience preferred)
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with whatever software we throw at you
What Our Employees Are Saying
Connect With Us